Where is the save file for this game?
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
On windows, my save data is located in this folder:
Very interesting minigame. I especially liked the work done on the real-time ambience; it was very cool to see how the game independently kept track of birds' scores in real time, even when you weren't actively spectating at their tables. Some ideas:
- A few times, it didn't actually rate me as scoring a win, even though I won; play just continued on until the board filled up to a tie. This was very confusing early on.
- At first, I didn't understand that birds wanted rematches and just left after I finished the first round, since they seemed to take a bit too long for me (I'm impatient lol). So I think after only your first game ends, a brief text popup saying "X wants a rematch!" would be helpful.
- At first, I didn't understand that you have to walk down to the bottom to end the day. One brief popup saying "All the birds have gone… walk to the bottom to end the day" would be very helpful.
- If the birds' crows could vary just slightly (like by 5-10% in pitch) so we're not hearing the same, exact crow from two different birds, that would be very cool to hear.
- I would love to have the ability to cheat by clicking quickly and having different birds go mad in a rage.
- The ambient sound from squawks at other tables is really cool. I would take this a step further and allow us to hear their distant table pecks, too.
- It graphically looks awkward when a non-sparrow AI pecks the upper corner where its sparrow opponent is. I wonder if maybe the sparrow could be brought back just a little.
- At the end of each day, you should be able to optionally click to view a chart that shows your total victories vs. defeats, including stats per bird and whether cheating was involved.
Thanks for including this in the Palestine bundle; I might have never known of its existence otherwise.
With some time and distance away from Tic-Tac-Crow, it was really lovely to read your thoughts. I agree with all of the feedback and suggestions you've proposed here. I'm not sure if or when I will return to this game to tidy up the design, but thanks for sharing this comment. And thanks for noticing the level of weird detail I put into the simulation ;) I really want those distant table pecks!
P.S. It's possible to cheat and have the birds rage, but you have to be very fast - a quick "swipe" with the mouse works. It was designed for touch, so the input there is touching two squares at the same time, which makes a bit more sense.
Very cute game! I'd love to see a shima enaga ^^
WOW I WOULD LOVE TO SEE THAT TOO. That bird is so cute.
I might do a new version of Tic-Tac-Crow with a different game for you to play with the birds, and if I do that I will do my best to remember to add a shima enaga <3
Man if only i had the budget xd
I saw the gameplay and it looks relaxing :D
This may come as a surprise, but I would love a Robin ;)
It's spring and the robins are arriving in Toronto (where I live) and I would also love a robin... hmmmm...
I did bird
I love the evolution of this from your previous tic tac toe game. So much personality from each bird.